You don’t want to underestimate the benefits of setting out on a planned theological journey for your congregation, using theme-based ministry.
Using ministry themes might start with the sermons and music in your worship services, but it doesn’t have to end there. Ministry themes can be a part of congregational life at many levels:
- worship services
- newsletter communications
- religious education programs for children
- religious education programs for adults
- youth, teen and youth adult groups
- social justice efforts
- sustainability goals
- programming for members and friends
- your congregational support and pastoral care network
- your congregation’s online/internet presence
- your leadership team’s efforts
- wider community outreach
- small group ministry
Using theme-based ministry can be tremendously powerful in a Unitarian Universalist congregation because it has the power to make worship an active, living part of the lives of your members and friends. The expansion possibilities are endless!